This paper Chinese Lantern is easy to make and looks great. Make lots and string them together for a cool decoration. Note: because this lantern is made of paper, we do NOT recommend that you use it as a real lampshade.
- Start with rectangular sheet of paper. Cut a strip of paper from the long edge of the paper
- (about 1" width). This will be used as the handle of the lantern.
- Fold the paper in half lengthwise. Cut strips crosswise: cut from the folded edge towards the raw edge. Be careful to keep the strips connected and do not cut each strip off.
- Unfold the paper.
- Loop the paper around to form a tube. Join the short ends of the paper together with tape or staples.
- Tape or staple on the handle made in step 1 and you're done! You can make many of them and string them together - use a small piece of tape to keep them equal distance from one another.